Top 5 Reason to Live in East Nashville
East Nashville is a very unique part of our city. It is full of culture, tradition and a culinary hot spot of Nashville. East Nashville’s Five Points, which has been coined by Budget Travel Magazine as “Nashville’s version of New York’s East Village.”
We wanted to learn more about the popularity of this corner of Nashville, so we sat down with local real estate professional Carolyn Akins to find out the top 5 reasons people would want to live in East Nashville. Here is her list...
1. Location: East Nashville is a perfect blend of living close to downtown with the quaintness of a small town. The always growing, historic and eclectic East Nashville has now become a very desirable place for Nashvillians to call home. You get location to every aspect of downtown, urban Nashville just a few minutes away from the community and closeness East Nashvillians feel about their community.
2. People: Because of the proximity to Downtown and Music Row, East Nashville has attracted musicians, songwriters and visual artists from all over. Take a walk around 5 Points or any of the bars, shops or restaurants and you never know just who you might run in to!
3. Restaurants, Shops & Bars: You will not be on a shortage of good food and fabulous shops here in East Nashville. “Nashville Originals” as we call it are thriving in East Nashville. The list is long of places to frequent: Edleys, The Treehouse, Two Ten Jack, The Pharmacy, Porter Road Butcher and the Wild Cow to name just a few. People from all over the city come to frequent these restaurants, bars and shops, and are never disappointed!
4. Art Scene: The creative element is flowing well in East Nashville! Five Points has several different galleries including the Art & Invention Gallery and adjoining studio, Garage Mahal. (can’t think of anything else to say)
5. Festivals: The tomato Art Festival is a great event that occurs once a year in late summer to celebrate the tomato in late summer. The art and music along with a community vibe are hard to beat. You can enjoy activities, art and entertainment along with a 5K run! All in the spirit of the tomato!!
Touted in the Oxford American, and Southern Living, Tomato Art Fest was voted “Best Festival” in the 2007, 2008, and 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013, 2014, 2015 Nashville Scene Reader’s Polls.
Another great festival is Walk Eat Nashville food tour. This is a chance for people to get to know restaurant owners and local food artisans. While doing so you get a change to taste the local fare and also jump on the Nashville Brew Bus!
If you'd like more information about living in East Nashville or have any other questions about residential real estate in Nashville, you can contact Carolyn direct!
Carolyn Akins Real Estate